Thursday, December 9, 2010

Today, I Feel Like a Million Bucks

Readers!

In case you haven't noticed already, I've been in hiding for the past week or so. The cold weather and lack of employment has been enough to see me stuck on the couch with a packet of Tesco cookies. But today I received a job offer - several actually - and I want to share some of the wonderful happenings with you.

I decided to celebrate my new found employment with a visit to the food hall at Harrods. Once I'd finally found it I had an employee put the hard sell on me. I was looking at door wreaths when he told me how much they were and asked if I wanted to get one now. Right now.

Dying to get out of there I said I was on my lunch break and he surprisingly replied with a compliment about my earrings. We got talking and then he asked me my name and walked off. I couldn't believe it. Didn't he want me to buy the beautiful "champagne coloured" wreath?


Just as I was about to walk away he came up to me with a stunning violet rose wrapped with a silky grey bow. He told me to keep it and to "have a good day mademoiselle". I felt so special. Out of the hoards of tourists and cashed up wives, I was the one given a Harrods rose?


Who knows why he gave it to me. I don't think it matters who gives you a rose, at the end of the day all that matters is that you were lucky enough to receive one.

Ms Ivory x

No comments: