Saturday, May 21, 2011

My New Skincare Rountine: Aesop

Usually when it comes to skincare, I will go with the cheap and cheerful. Up until recently I had no qualms with buying the $10 moisturiser or the $12 cleanser from the supermarket. However, for the past year or so I have become increasingly concious about the chemicals that I am putting on my face. I started to turn towards products with more and more natural ingredients.


I found Aesop a few years ago when looking for a new hand cream. I discovered their hand balm that has ingredients like mandarin rind and rosemary leaves and used the entire tube within a few weeks. It was only natural that I would eventually want to try some of their products on my face, but just couldn't justify spending that much on myself. That's why when Mother asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I confided in her my woes and she happily gifted me with a kit for my troubled skin.


I'm now using some of their products for combination skin and will let you know how I go. Apparently the redness in my face has already started to calm down. Their approach to everything is really holistic. They recommended that you apply the toner with your hands, and their store in Flinders Lane is made up almost entirely of cardboard.


If you're anything like me you should really check them out. I feel wonderful now that I know exactly what I'm using to cleanse my face and know that it's not damaging my skin. All of their products are plant based, and I've never met a rude person who works for Aesop.

I know this sounded like a massive plug but I just wanted to share with you something that I really believe in and think you might love.

Miss Ivory xx 

No comments: