Thursday, June 2, 2011

Outfit Post: How to Wear Your Maxi in Winter

I have a ridiculous amount of dresses, all shapes and sizes. I hate pants. They don't understand me, and I don't understand them. So whenever winter rolls around I am always at a loss at what to wear. I have a load of dresses, jumpers, but only a few pairs of jeans.

I've been coveting the longer skirts for ages, but I simply can't afford to buy anything that isn't second hand or extremely cheap.

I present to you how I decided to wear one of my maxi dresses today, as inspired by Nicole from Gary Pepper Vintage.



How I wore the dress in summer: with a denim jacket, K-Mart sandals and a bright Coach handbag.




I wore the same dress today with a woollen jumper, suede ballet flats and a trench coat.




Coat: MNG Barcelona
Dress: Catwalk Mode
Jumper: Sportscraft, thrifted
Flats: Rubi

The longer lengths are big this season. I'm so glad that just because it's cold I don't have to don a pair of tights or pants. For a more dress up looked, a pair of heels also looks great.

Hope you're inspired to pull out some of your maxis from storage instead of buying a whole bunch of floor length skirts! 

Love, 

Miss Ivory xx 

No comments: