Friday, July 15, 2011

Daily Outfit: Winter Doll

I bought this dress almost four years ago from a vintage store sale. It's perfect in theory. I mean, it's a thick woollen dress - how perfect for winter! But being tall makes it very short on me. It also has an annoyingly high neck line. I'm trying to love it, honestly.

I've also caved in to the heels and socks trend. Sometimes it looks really stupid, but I saw a photo of a woman wearing heels and socks on The Sartorialist, and was inspired to try it myself (of course!). Those Milanese women are just too good looking...



Dress: Thrifted from Circa Vintage on Gertrude Street, Fitzroy. Link here.
Shoes: Payless Shoes summer season 2009




One of the nicest things about this dress is that it was designed and made in Melbourne. Since this was produced, the brands that have come to dominate operate on a global scale, with production predominantly in Asia. It's nice to look back on the way things were. It sure it weird seeing Melbourne on a label. 


Happy Friday chickens! I'm working tonight and tomorrow, but I won't let that stop me from having a great weekend. Enjoy yours!

Love,

Ivory

1 comment:

SAMANTHA YAP said...

This is my Favourite outfit!
You look gorgeous in it!